We hope that this course helps you better understand the power of a good credit score and how you can take control of it. By proving to lenders that you can be trusted with a little of their money, they’ll gradually develop enough confidence to trust you with a lot.
- Start building credit early!
- Put a recurring expense, e.g., a phone bill or a car payment, on your card and pay it off every month
- If you have a balance, keep it below 30% of your total credit limit
- Maintain a mixed portfolio of debt, e.g., credit cards, student loans, auto leases, and make your payments on time
- Compare card and loan offers, and always pick the one with the lowest APR